Hello Again! So the other day I shared with you two of my goals. My first short-term goal was of becoming a Certified Personal Trainer by the end of this year, and a long-term goal of working my way to becoming a Certified Wellness Coach. I also promised that today I would share some of my other goals, both fitness and personal, that I set for myself at the beginning of this year.
Before I do that I thought I would share with you my delicious easy dinner I put together tonight I have been on a real salad kick this week and tonight it was exactly what I was craving. I usually always buy a big tub of organic baby spinach at the beginning of the week to make smoothies (green mosters), salads, and I throw it on just about any meal I am eating to sneak in some greens throughout the day… like pizzas, omelettes, pasta… you name it and I will probably add spinach to it!
Included in salad:
- Organic Baby Spinach
- Salmon leftover from last night’s dinner
- Organic Cherry Tomatoes
- Organic Carrots
- Organic Fresh Gourmet Caesar Croutons
- Newman’s Own Light Honey Mustard <— pretty delicious
- Dash of Salt & Pepper
- (I meant to add walnuts but completely forgot until writing out this list )
For dessert, I had a few of these… I promise the bag was already pretty empty, lol…
Those are pretty addictive; I have to remember not to buy those too often because they go waaaaay to fast!
Now back to my goals for the year!!
First up are my fitness goals:
- Bikram Yoga/hot yoga at least 1x month
- Include more weight workouts or regular yoga at least 1x week
- Workout at least 3-4x week consistently
- 50 mile bike ride (ROAR for Autism event) - I completed this last Sunday and I will post a recap soon, it was awesome!
- Warrior Dash (obstacle race) in May
- ZOOMA 1/2 Marathon in June – My first!
- Stick to training plan for 1/2 Marathon in June, lol
- Sprint Triathlon in August – My first!
- Learn and practice how to swim laps – important for the tri
- Ride in at least 2 more bike events
- Annual Turkey Trot 5 miler in November
- Annual Reindeer Run 5k or Jingle All the Way 10k Run in December
Some Fun Goals (things I want to do by the end of the year):
- Whitewater Raft
- Stand UP Paddle Boarding
Next are some health goals:
- Cut back on seafood <— tonight’s dinner #fail #oops
- Continue to eat more healthy/natural/organic foods
- Drink more water consistently – I pretty much only drink water, but I need to make sure I am getting 8 complete cups a day
A few personal goals:
- Look into volunteer opportunities
- Continue to pay off debt <— w/o creating new debt, lol
- Stick to my monthly budget
- Enroll my daughter in activities throughout the year – She starts swimming next week!
- Plan some fun activities with the family – Museums, Zoo, Skating, etc.
That was fun looking back at what I had planned for myself way back in January, I also snuck in some new ones… shhhh, don’t tell! I will have to create a goal page so I can continually check back to see how I am doing throughout the year. I can tell you now that I am slipping on this ½ marathon training, but I plan to get my act together immediately… I only have 4 weeks left to train!!!!
Now time for a fun race recap that I also promised of my New Year’s 5k I did on January 1st. It was so great to begin the year doing something healthy for my body! This post is from the Iron Divas blog, the women’s fitness group that Layla and I put together. Click here for recap.
Ok my GFF’s, time for me to get some shut eye, as it is getting pretty late as I type away. Don’t want to leave you but I must get some beauty rest Until next time…